Writer did an excellent job on completing the discussion board assignment questions in a timely manner and the revising. I will be hiring this writer for future assignments.
PROJECT 1: CENSUS DATA
The purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. How to create and navigate within workbooks.
2. How to enter data and format cells.
3. How to format worksheets and workbooks.
4. How to create, edit, and format tables.
5. How to modify tables.
6. How to use functions and formulas.
7. How to calculate and transform data.
8. How to create and modify charts.
You are working as part of a group creating a report that includes data from the most recent census. Your task is to create and format a worksheet using information from the census.gov website and chart the data.
1. Create a new workbook and save it as Project1_Census.xlsx.
2. Identify three U.S. cities of your choice and enter the city and state names in cells A4, A5, and A6.
3. Open a web browser and navigate to the data.census.gov website. Use the most recent census data to locate the population, median age, number of housing units, and median income for each city (e.g. type “median income in Maryland” in the search box at the top of the page).
4. Enter the information into the respective cells in the worksheet, as shown in the image below but using cities of your own choosing. Note: If you are unable to locate the necessary data, either choose a different city or perform a search for another website containing the necessary data.
PROJECT 1 FIGURE 1
5. Format the data table using techniques you have learned to present the data in a visually appealing form such as:
a. Set the column widths appropriately.
b. Set labels alignment appropriately.
c. Apply borders, gridlines and shading to the table as desired.
d. Set the columns labels alignments appropriately.
e. Align the worksheet vertically and horizontally on the page.
6. Enter a formula to find Average Household Income for all THREE cities.
7. Enter a formula to find the Total Population for all THREE cities.
8. Create charts that present the data for each of the four categories of data. Decide which chart types will best present the data. (Hint: If you are not sure which types to use, consider selecting he data and using the Recommended Chart button to narrow down and preview suitable choices.)
9. Place each chart on a separate sheet and format the charts to best present the data in a clear, attractive format.
10. Give each worksheet a descriptive name and color the tabs using theme colors. Reorder the sheets so that the data table appears first, followed by the charts.
11. Save and submit the workbook to the Assignment Folder.
Please submit the following to your Assignments Folder:
1. The completed Project1_Census.xlsx file.
2. Submit a Project Reflection (see below).
Answer the following questions when you submit your assignments files.
a. Describe a situation in daily life when someone would use Microsoft Excel.
b. You made several decisions while creating the workbook for this assignment: how to lay out the data in the worksheet and which chart types to use. What was the rationale behind each of these decisions?
c. What issues or challenges did you face completing this project?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more