Writer did an excellent job on completing the discussion board assignment questions in a timely manner and the revising. I will be hiring this writer for future assignments.
Discussion 1: Anti-Discrimination Law and Laws Protecting Individuals With Addiction
There are very specific laws and advocacy efforts to protect individuals with addictions. Only in the past thirty years have people with addictions had legal protection from discrimination (Lawinfo, 2009). Anti-discrimination laws exist to provide people struggling with addiction the opportunity to receive treatment without suffering punitive actions. These include:
· Affordable Care Act
· American with Disabilitites Act
· Children’s Health Act
· Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act
· Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act
· Sober Truth on Preventing (STOP) Underage Drinking Act
· Trial Law and Order Act (TLOA)
For this Discussion, research the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and one other act listed above in the Walden Library and reputable Internet sources. Consider how you might respond to the scenario provided utilizing the two acts.
Imagine being at work, when suddenly, a colleague walks in visibly intoxicated. She is being loud, slurring her words, and bumping into people. Realizing that she is disturbing her co-workers, the intoxicated employee walks into the human resources department and tells them she is addicted to alcohol and needs treatment.
Provide a discussion Post which contains the following Topics, Content, and Headings:
– A brief description of the federal Mental Health Parity, Addiction Equity Act and Addiction Equity Act and American with Disabilities Act
– Explain how you might respond to the scenario provided utilizing the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and the American with Disabilities Act
– Identify the rights the employee has in this situation.
– Explain how the laws you discuss protect the employee who violated the company’s policy on drunkenness.
– Explain why such laws might be important.
Must contain at least 4 references being sure to reference the federal Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act, and American with Disabilities Act, Lambert (2011) and Robinson (2017) and 1 other
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more